Please review the below restrictions before booking your appointment. TLC does not perform high risk surgeries. If you book and your pet is rejected for surgery for any of the reasons listed below, you will be charge a $25 service fee. Please contact your regular vet if you do not meet our criteria.
You can also book by email Reggie@TexasLitterControl.org or call 832-510-7622.
If you have trouble booking multiple pets on one day via our online scheduler, please call or email.
Is your pet a good candidate for surgery at our clinic?
TLC does not perform pre-op blood work before surgery. If you want pre-op blood work, please visit us on one of our wellness days prior to your surgery appointment.
Age and Weight Requirements:
- Kittens must weigh 3lbs and be at least 12 weeks of age.
- Puppies must weigh 6lbs and must be at least 12 weeks of age. Some smaller breeds may be done under 6lbs. Please call or email Reggie@TexasLitterControl.org for more information.
High risk surgeries include but are not limited to:
- Term Pregnant Pets
- Heartworm Disease or High Positive for Heartworms – Heartworm Disease is different than heartworm positive. We do spay/neuter heartworm positive dogs. If you have questions about whether your pet should receive surgery, please walk in on Friday or Saturday between 9am and 3pm. If you pet needs heartworm treatment, Texas Litter Control offers a low cost solution.
- Pets with Severe Mange or Skin Infections
- Pets Extremely Under Weight
- Pets Extremely Over Weight
- Pets with Heart Problems
- Pets with an Upper Respiratory Illness
- Pets 6 years of age and older
- Texas Litter Control does not provide services to aggressive dogs.
- All feral cats must be in humane, live traps.
Rescue groups and those trapping feral cats, please contact us directly for policies specific to you. We have different policies concerning weight requirements and high risk conditions for rescue groups and feral cats.